Here are eight relaxation tips to help you look after your well-being when you're stressed busy or worried -
1. Take a break take some time away from your normal routines or Falls read a book or magazine even if it's only for a few minutes run yourself a bath watch a film play with your pet chop some vegetables and cook a meal
2. focus on your breathing, learn to breathe more deeply can make you feel a lot calmer and increase your sense of well-being breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth try to keep your shoulders down and relaxed place your hand on your stomach it should rise as you breathe in and fall as you breathe out try telling as you breathe start there counting to four as you breathe in and fall as you breathe out then work out, what's comfortable for you
3. Three listen to music listen to your favorite songs turn it up and dance or sing along or put your headphones on and close your eyes really listen to the music can you pick out different instruments can you hear a drumbeat or a certain rhythm focus on the music and letters our thoughts which rift away.
4. Imagine yourself in a relaxing place think of somewhere relaxing and peaceful you might choose a memory of somewhere you've been or a place you've imagined close your eyes and think about the details of this place what does it look like what kind of colors and shapes can you see can you hear any sounds is it warm or cool let your mind drift and your body relaxed.
5. Try active relaxation, relaxation doesn't have to mean sitting still gentle exercise can help you relax to look for a gentle exercise class in yoga Pilates or gentle stretching take a gentle walk going at your own pace be much used to go for a longer walk but even a few minutes of walking can help you feel relaxed.
6. Use a guided relaxation exercise guided relaxation on meditation exercises are widely available and lots of them are free teas you can search online look for an app to download or see if your local library has any books or CDs have a look for local meditation or relaxation classes you could try your local mind or use an internet search engine.
7. Get creative getting in touch with your artistic side can help you feel more calm and relaxed try painting drawing making crafts playing a musical instrument baking and sewing try not to worry too much about the finished product and focus on enjoying yourself.
8. Spend time in nature spending time outside and in green spaces can be great for your physical and mental well-being you could take a walk in the countryside or through a local park taking time to notice trees flowers plants and animals you see on the way where you can spend some time taking part in conservation whether that's digging in your own garden or taking part in a local green project don't worry if one technique doesn't work for you try it a few times and if it doesn't feel effective move on to a different exercise try to let go of your worries and take time to enjoy the exercises you
Leave a Reply